Beast Academy 2C covers the following topics:
Measurement : The measurement chapter focuses on length and includes using a ruler, estimation, customary and metric units, conversions, mixed measures, and adding and subtracting measurements.
Strategies (+&−) : Rearranging addition and subtraction, canceling, subtracting everything at once, using parentheses, and skip-counting.
Odds & Evens : Odds and evens, doubling, halving, addition and subtraction patterns, working with more than two numbers, and puzzles involving crossings, coins, checkerboards, and graphs.
About the Teacher:
Hello! My name is Mr. Josh and I graduated from Lesley University with a dual degree in mathematics and education. I am very passionate about mathematics, teaching, and helping my students reach their full potential. My teaching experience includes:
- Cambridge Rindge and Latin High School: Honor’s Geometry, Statistics and Trigonometry, Honors Precalculus, College Prep
- Winthrop L. Chenery Middle School: 6th grade mathematics
- The Amigos Elementary School: Mathematics/ General Tutor
- Lesley University: Mathematics/ Academic Tutor
- Arlington High School: Algebra
- English teacher to a five and ten-year-old in Spain
- ACT Math and Precalculus Tutor
I have worked with students of all ages, abilities, and with different learning disabilities. I promise to provide each and every one of my students with the highest quality of education possible.