Beast Academy is the new elementary-school math curriculum from Art of Problem Solving. Beast Academy provides a full, rigorous, and entertaining curriculum for aspiring math beasts in grades 2-5. The series consists of four two-book sets for each grade. The Guide book of each set presents the lessons and the Practice book provides exercises and problems to reinforce the lessons.
Beast Academy 3A covers the following topics:
Shapes: Angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, other polygons, puzzles with polyominoes.
Skip-Counting: Patterns with repeated addition, arithmetic sequences, foundations for understanding multiplication, distribution, and factoring.
Perimeter and Area: Perimeter and area of rectangles, polygons, and rectilinear shapes.
About the Teacher:
Hello! My name is Mr. Josh and I graduated from Lesley University with a dual degree in mathematics and education. I am very passionate about mathematics, teaching, and helping my students reach their full potential. My teaching experience includes:
- Cambridge Rindge and Latin High School: Honor’s Geometry, Statistics and Trigonometry, Honors Precalculus, College Prep
- Winthrop L. Chenery Middle School: 6th grade mathematics
- The Amigos Elementary School: Mathematics/ General Tutor
- Lesley University: Mathematics/ Academic Tutor
- Arlington High School: Algebra
- English teacher to a five and ten-year-old in Spain
- ACT Math and Precalculus Tutor
I have worked with students of all ages, abilities, and with different learning disabilities. I promise to provide each and every one of my students with the highest quality of education possible.