Course Brief Description:
The physical sciences involve the study of the physical world. The children learn about the properties of certain materials and discover that these properties can be observed, measured, and predicted. The Earth sciences involve the study of everything relating to the Earth. The life sciences are those which study living things.
Learning outcome (with bulletin points)
They children will learn some basics of the physical sciences, Earth sciences, life sciences. Children are encouraged to develop their curiosity about the world around them and to make observations. As they are introduced to science, children develop organized and analytical thinking as well as problem-solving skills.
Course Breakdown (outline of each lesson)
1. Explain the difference between living and non-living things.
2. Name the four seasons and identify their characteristics
3.Identify characteristics of the different environments of the earth: mountains, rivers, oceans, valleys, and deserts.
4. Describe objects in terms of whether they float, sink, are attracted to magnets, etc.
5. Recognize the properties of water — it can be a liquid , solid or gas.
6. Recognize that light and heat are both sources of energy
7. Describe the basic structures of common plants .
8. Describe the basic structures of common animals.
9. Different kind of animals found in the animal kingdom (mammals and birds)
10. Features and characteristics of mammals.
About the teacher
Mrs. Saima holds a bachelor’s degree in Education and dual bachelor’s degree in Science. She has taught English to children for 16 years. Currently, she is working as an online English instructor, teaching kids aged 4-14 years. She loves teaching and watching the young minds shape and mold into wonderful readers and writers. Her job as a facilitator is to develop enriching, engaging lessons that stretch the thinking of all the young students.
Scan the below QR code to add wechat ID “ustar-wechat-pay” for inquiries and support!