Message to Parents:
This is a non-profit program hosted by Ustar Education and MVRT team.
FLL is the first step to the FIRST experience, as teams of middle school and elementary aged students embark on their FRC journey of building LEGO robots and taking those robots to competition to have a chance to go to championships. FLL gives a brief introduction to robotics, and allows the students to use both sensors and block programming to build robots that interact with their environment. FLL is a great experience for students that includes teamwork, leadership and is very fun! Students would attend competitions, workshops to build their skills, and meet 3 hours each week to work on their robot.
Start Date: Kick-Off August 6th (If time change, we will send the email to the students who have sign up)
- Teams are expected to meet and work together once a week for 3 hours.
- Ustar staff will monitor the students while the MVRT members and Ustar coach will educate and lead the students.
- Students will have the option to attend a FLL Workshop taught by MVRT members or Ustar coach that will cover the skills needed to solve the challenge.
- Meetings will continue until each team completes its competitions
- Qualifying registration competitions will occur in November
- Depending on the team’s performance they will proceed to the NorCal Championships
August – November （15-17 weeks, depends on the coach schedule)
2-3 teams, group by age group, maximum 10 students in one team.
Cost Per Person: $580 （4 months, 15-17 weeks)
Cost includes: Competition Team Registration，LEGO Spike Prime Kit，Challenge Set，NorCal Competition Registration，Classroom and equipment rent
Donate: Parents are welcome to donate, all donation will send to MVRT.
About Monta Vista Robotics Team
Founded in 1997, the Monta Vista Robotics FIRST Team #115 was established by a few friends looking for a way to venture into the technological world through creative innovation. Over the last twenty years, MVRT has taken great strides in technology and leadership by encouraging its members to further pursue their imaginations beyond the mundane world and into the extraordinary realm. However, none of the achievements and advancements in technology would have been gained without the continuous and unfailing support of our community, parents, and the more than valuable guidance of our advisors and alumni. They have assisted us in overcoming obstacles along the path for original and unique ideas. MVRT continues to fulfill its mission in creating the “visionaries of tomorrow” today by participating in FIRST and inspiring young students through mentoring and community outreach. We stand together as a diverse group of people ready to face hardships and difficulties and combine our ingenuity to attain a common goal: building a masterpiece and inspiring the next generation of engineers and leaders.
About Ustar Education
We began with a vision of providing exceptional Online tutoring services to all students. We believe that education is the foundation upon which all our futures are built, and every day we seek to make that future brighter for all of us.USTAR Education is an innovative tutoring center seeking to bring a unique and strategic approach to achieve fast results.
Our team is made up of passionate tutors and professional teachers dedicated to helping students from all backgrounds achieve their academic goals and successfully prepare for their educational futures.
USTAR is a place where we inspire happy, confident, and creative young people with a lifelong love of learning.
We create a safe, happy, and caring environment with warmth, where children can dream big and achieve their best. We encourage perseverance, self-motivation, and resilience.
At USTAR we strive to:
- Build problem-solving skills
- Provide an opportunity for creative expression
- Foster a greater appreciation of how things work
- Encourage the qualities of inquisitiveness, self-reliance, and self confidence in children
The programs at USTAR use a combination of activity, project, and problem-based teaching to engage students as they learn to solve problems, conduct research, analyze data, and learn through working with professionals.
We are committed to the philosophy that the child must be placed at the center of learning, actively acquiring skills needed to think clearly, communicate effectively to make sound decisions and to discriminate among values.
USTAR is committed to providing the highest quality education for all in an environment that cares for our students, staff, and parents.
This commitment is demonstrated by encouraging students to:
- Reach their full academic, social, and physical potential in a fair, positive and consistent environment.
- Display a commitment to improving their learning outcomes.
- Develop a sense of self-discipline in their work and their play.
- Develop a good understanding of all key-learning areas, particularly literacy and numeracy.
- Develop in students, qualities, and life skills such as responsibility, communication, independence, inquiring minds, problem solving, team skills and creativity.
- Prepare students for their next stages of learning by building on their strengths and experiences.