Beast Academy is the new elementary-school math curriculum from Art of Problem Solving. Beast Academy provides a full, rigorous, and entertaining curriculum for aspiring math beasts in grades 3-4. The series consists of four two-book sets for each grade. The Guide book of each set presents the lessons and the Practice book provides exercises and problems to reinforce the lessons.
Beast Academy 4A is the first set in the four-set series for Grade 4. Guide 4A delivers complete lessons to the students of Beast Academy in an engaging comic-book style. The companion book, Practice 4A, provides over 400 problems ranging from introductory level exercises to very challenging puzzles and word problems, to reinforce the lessons in the Guide.
Beast Academy 4A covers the following topics
Shapes: Definitions, angle measurement, parallel and perpendicular lines, symmetry.
Multiplication: The distributive property, multi-digit multiplication, using algorithms, the units digit.
Exponents: Computing powers, order of operations, perfect squares, binary notation (base-2).
About the Teacher:
Hello! My name is Mr. Josh and I graduated from Lesley University with a dual degree in mathematics and education. I am very passionate about mathematics, teaching, and helping my students reach their full potential. My teaching experience includes:
- Cambridge Rindge and Latin High School: Honor’s Geometry, Statistics and Trigonometry, Honors Precalculus, College Prep
- Winthrop L. Chenery Middle School: 6th grade mathematics
- The Amigos Elementary School: Mathematics/ General Tutor
- Lesley University: Mathematics/ Academic Tutor
- Arlington High School: Algebra
- English teacher to a five and ten-year-old in Spain
- ACT Math and Precalculus Tutor
I have worked with students of all ages, abilities, and with different learning disabilities. I promise to provide each and every one of my students with the highest quality of education possible.