The 3rd-4th grade Level 2 reading and writing curriculum is designed to teach students the tools and mechanics of English writing. Students will be able to develop various writing and reading skills developed with the advanced student in mind such as deciphering informational books, writing about history, informative writing, adding examples and details to essays, as well as writing an informative essay.
Knowledge and skills (What you’ll learn)
- Students will learn about non-fiction , informational Books and the various types of writing.
- Structure of an essay including introduction, thesis, body paragraphs and
- Write about History such as the Boston Tea Party, World War 2 and other important parts of history.
- Write an informative essay paying close attention to the source of their findings.
- Adding details and examples with a bibliography.
- Understanding the Elements of a great story.
- Drafting the informative essay : brainstorming, outlining, drafting.
- Completion of the informative essay using editing and proof reading
About the teacher
Ms. Benno is an experienced English teacher and Digital Literacy Coach for public schools in Texas. She is experienced in teaching the elementary level of writing and reading and other subjects for over 20 years. She has served on the Discovery Education Texas State Leadership Council and been a Discovery Star Educator since 2010. She is also a Google Certified Educator and a Seesaw and Fablevision Ambassador. She speaks all over the state teaching teachers how to integrate technology in their classrooms. She was recently named Instructional Technology Specialist of the year for the state of Texas by TCEA.
Click on the “live chat” icon for instant replies,
or scan the below QR code to add wechat ID “ustar-edu”.