The 5th– 6th grade writing curriculum focuses on longer forms of writing. It explores the various topics to teach students how to tell a story that will interest the reader. Students will tap into both their analytical and creative sides as they research information about interesting topics. It prepares students for essay writing by engaging them in the process of writing various types of paragraphs such as expository, persuasive, and narrative.
- The structure and organization of the writing
- How to write effective beginnings (leads)
- Using transition words and phrases to help the flow of the writing
- Using a variety of sentence types and structures
- Choosing the most effective words
- How to include various types of figurative language
- How to write effective conclusions
- Receive instruction and practice with reading both fiction and nonfiction on above level resources.
- Practice reading fluency and gain comprehension skills
- Practice word study skills
Lesson 1 Reading and Writing: Descriptive
Lesson 2 Reading and Writing: Descriptive Continued
Lesson 3 Reading and Writing: Expository
Lesson 4 Reading and Writing: Expository Continued
Lesson 5 Reading and Writing: Persuasive
Lesson 6 Reading and Writing Persuasive Continued
Lesson 7 Reading and Writing: Personal Narrative
Lesson 8 Reading and Writing Personal Narrative Continued
Lesson 9 Reading and Writing: Response to Literature
Lesson 10 Final Class: Response to Literature Continued: Final Paper
About the Teacher
Hi, I’m Ms. Ayala, I have been an educator since 2006. I have taught all levels of English and Literature including Middle and High School levels as well as regular, honors, Pre IB and AP Literature. My passion for Literature is my best teaching quality followed by my ability to make connections with students. My passion for education also grew into completing all of my Doctoral work in the field of Higher Education, which assists me to understand what Colleges expect from their students.
When I am not sharing my passion for books with students, I am sharing my time with my family, especially my three boys in Roswell, Ga. I am looking forward to sharing my life’s passion with you and making you successful in fulfilling your goals.
Scan the below QR code to add wechat ID “ustar-wechat-pay” for inquiries and support!