The 3rd- 4th grade advanced writing curriculum focuses on longer forms of writing. It explores the various topics to teach students how to tell a story that will interest the reader. Students will tap into both their analytical and creative sides as they research information about interesting topics. It prepares students for essay writing by engaging them in the process of writing various types paragraphs such as expository, persuasive, and narrative. Students will learn how to read and write about literature in an academic way utilizing a novel of their choice.
Knowledge and skills (What you’ll learn)
- Elements of Literature such as plot, setting , etc.
- Authors Purpose: to inform , to entertain , to teach a lesson.
- Story Elements: Plot structure such as exposition, rising action, falling action , and resolution.
- Finding the main Idea in a text.
- Finding the various universal themes in literature.
- Writing about literature by utilizing the text as the main source.
- Learning how to use in text citations
About the teacher
Ms. Benno is an experienced English teacher and Digital Literacy Coach for public schools in Texas. She is experienced in teaching the elementary level of writing and reading and other subjects for over 20 years. She has served on the Discovery Education Texas State Leadership Council and been a Discovery Star Educator since 2010. She is also a Google Certified Educator and a Seesaw and Fablevision Ambassador. She speaks all over the state teaching teachers how to integrate technology in their classrooms. She was recently named Instructional Technology Specialist of the year for the state of Texas by TCEA.
- Majored in English Literature
- Hold a Master in Education
- PhD (ABD) in Education
- Certified English teacher
- Private school English teacher
- Taught all levels of English Writing and Reading
- Taught regular, honors, Pre IB and AP literature
Click on the “live chat” icon for instant replies,
or scan the below QR code to add wechat ID “ustar-edu”.