The 3rd-4th grade Level 2 reading and writing curriculum is designed to teach students the tools and mechanics of English writing. Students will be able to develop various writing and reading skills developed with the advanced student in mind such as deciphering informational books, writing about History , Informative writing, adding
examples and details to essays, as well as writing an informative essay.
Knowledge and skills (What you’ll learn)
- Students will learn about non-fiction , informational Books and the various types of writing.
- Structure of an essay including introduction, thesis, body paragraphs and
- Write about History such as the Boston Tea Party, World War 2 and other important parts of history.
- Write an informative essay paying close attention to the source of their findings.
- Adding details and examples with a bibliography.
- Understanding the Elements of a great story.
- Drafting the informative essay : brainstorming, outlining, drafting.
- Completion of the informative essay using editing and proof reading
About the teacher
Ms. Ayala has been an educator since 2006. She has taught all levels of English and Literature including Elementary, Middle and High School levels as well as regular, honors, Pre IB and AP Literature.
“My passion for Literature is my best teaching quality followed by my ability to make connections with students. My passion for education also grew into getting a Master’s in Education and completing all of my Doctoral work in the field of Higher Education, which assists me to understand what Colleges expect from their students.”
- Majored in English Literature
- Hold a Master in Education
- PhD (ABD) in Education
- Certified English teacher
- Private school English teacher
- Taught all levels of English Writing and Reading
- Taught regular, honors, Pre IB and AP literature
Click on the “live chat” icon for instant replies,
or scan the below QR code to add wechat ID “ustar-edu”.